Comfort and Joy
There will be weekly reflections published on social media and available by email and app for each Sunday of Advent. We have partnered with a number of public figures to produce short reflections exploring the theme. Comfort and Joy: Nine Lessons and Carols for Christmas mirrors the structure of a traditional carol service, exploring both biblical texts and the words of much-loved Christmas carols.
The reflections for each day from Christmas Day to 2 January feature contributions from Kate Bottley, Jonathan Bryan, Bob Chilcott, Martha Collison, Stephen Cottrell, Guli Francis-Dehqani, Chine McDonald, Sally Phillips and Justin Welby.
further information (including the app and smart speaker) is further down the page on the above link, underneath the sign-up boxes
- 29 November 9:00am – Worship at Home for the First Sunday of Advent with St Martin-in-the-Fields
- 6 December 9:00am – Worship at Home for the Second Sunday of Advent with HOPE Together
- 13 December 9:00am – Worship at Home for the Third Sunday of Advent. A Christingle service with The Children’s Society
- 20 December 9:00am – Worship at Home for the Fourth Sunday of Advent with Marie Curie
- 22 December 9:00am – Worship at Home: A service of Lessons and Carols with Christian Aid
- 24 December 11:30pm – Worship at Home: Midnight Mass with the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Bishop of Dover
- 27 December 9:00am – Worship at Home for the First Sunday of Christmas with Church Army
- 31 December 9:00am – Worship at Home: A service with the Archbishop of York on New Year’s Eve
- 3 January 9:00am – Worship at Home for Epiphany with Embrace the Middle East